Yes I am wearing a a t-shirt that says "DATA", and yes, data is spelled with a heart.
Let's take a minute to get straight: I work with boys and I work with data. Strange spot for the fashion obsessed, right? Right.
Maybe by now you know, I'm not typical. And, I am certainly not your typical fashion blogger.
Here's what you need to know:
1. I have committed to 365 days of no shopping. This is the opposite of fashion blogging. I'll make it work. You'll see.
2. Because of # 1, you will not see the latest Celine bag on this blog. You will not find links to this season's Valentino Rock Stud's, and I'm not pulling any revenue from links. This is because...
3. I go to work every morning. While I am completely envious that some girls have engineered a solid living out of blog revenue, this is not my goal right now. Instead, this is an outlet.
4. This is a creative outlet. Working up a sweat used to be my main, if only, outlet. After a major concussion and no running for 4 months, I had to find a new challenge. Diversify my portfolio, if you will.
5. This is a challenge, in every sense of the word. To get this site up and running, I learned how to do some basic coding. I am learning the basics of photo editing. My photographer (a.k.a. Boyfriend) and I figured out how to make an old camera work until we could save for a new one. Which brings me to the most important thing you need to know:
6. Better pictures are coming soon! A DSLR camera has been ordered.
"Hey, thanks for the list, but what's your point?"
This is exploration. This is new. This is learning. This is fun.
If you're going to commit to something, does it fit that criteria? I hope so. That's the point.
Back to the data shirt. Yes I wore this. To work. What makes this less nerdy-tee and more
is the play on proportions: over the knee boots, higher waisted jeans, and a long boyfriend blazer. People at work get concerned that I've lost my head when I show up in this, but
I like to keep them guessing.
"A Girl Boss is someone who has big dreams and is willing to work hard for them.
So being a Girl Boss is really about being the boss of your own life. You don't have to be the boss of anyone else to be a Girl Boss. So it's about keeping personal responsibility for your future, being comfortable taking risks, and understanding that failure is the byproduct of your own invention. If you're learning from
everything that you're doing, even if the outcome is not what you had anticipated or expected, you're learning. If you're learning from everything that you're doing, you're winning. I think a lot of people might be afraid of taking risks in their life because they're afraid of failure. Failure is just not learning from everything that happens."
Go on with your girl bossy self.