Hello from Oslo! Or, as they say here, Hi Hi!
These pictures aren't from Norway, they're from the weekend before we left. I never got around to posting them because I was a little tied up with packing and making lists and triple checking all my reservations and documents like a maniac (breathe, Lisa). Anyway, I have some time to kill here at the Oslo airport, so here we are.
If I've learned one thing style-wise during our short stay in Oslo, it's how uncool I am. How uncool we all are. Americans… As I walked all around this design-heaven of a city, I took some notes. And I’m sharing them with all of you. Lucky Americans…
- We need to step up our sneaker game. I. Am. Serious. Because I love lists more than almost anything, I have started a Stupid American list, and at the top is "Buy more tennis shoes". I suggest you add it to yours, too. I will try to take some stealth stalker pics and add them to instagram soon.
- Trench coats. All the trench coats. Buy a light, flowy trench coat, preferably in a pastel or neutral and wear it over everything. All the time. With your sneakers. All the time.
- Wear your good clothes; don't save them. Wear them while you run errands, with your trench coat, and your sneakers. You've got things to do, so just show up and look good. Insert Oslo socialite now saying, "Seriously, it's not that hard". I ended up pulling out my nicest dress for a casual dinner because I felt so inadequate. I was "saving" it for Berlin. Why?
- If you think your sunglasses are big, they're not. Buy bigger.
- Being a mom is not an excuse to wear bad clothes, or an excuse to stay home. Put that baby in your expensive stroller (The strollers here! Feats of engineering!), put on your good clothes, your trench coat, your sneakers, and get walkin'. Also, bring that baby out to dinner. Because your Norwegian baby is miraculously unfussy, and you look super chic drinking wine with your super chic stroller parked next to you. Seriously. It's not that hard.
- Lastly, every man in America needs tighter pants. Are you going for a swim in those things?
Stay tuned for more notes, Americans. We are flying north to a little fjord town called Andalsnes for 3 days, then coming back through Oslo on our way to Copenhagen. You can follow along on my Instagram @lucidandblue where we're walking that precarious line between documenting and sharing, and just dropping the camera and living, breathing.