I've teamed up with Fab.com to share some easy entertaining tips and
styled, functional items to upgrade your next get-together.
And, they're gifting one lucky reader with a $1,000 Shopping spree!
enter To win at the bottom of this post.
A common occurrence around here is the last minute "Hey, Let's catch up!" and before you know it, you're home from work with just 15 minutes before your girls drop in. With a few curated items from Fab and simple pantry staples, you'll be golden in no time. Promise.
1. Let's cut to the chase: The #1 staple here is wine. But, equally important, is water. This beautiful, simple carafe made from recycled wine bottles keeps hydration within reach. You do not want to be responsible for your girl's headache at work tomorrow. Bonus: It comes in a set of two, and also works great for flowers.
2. Music. This amazing wireless bluetooth speaker let's you flip to your favorite tunes, straight from your phone, without leaving the conversation. We have been using this non-stop! I love the simple, modern design next to Ben's late 70's record player. Rolling Stones on vinyl, Beyonce on repeat, pick your poison. (Shop Fab Tech here)
3. I love watching my friends' style evolve, and the way our homes become an expression of our souls over time. It's important to swap in some decor pieces that speak to you in the moment. This indigo mud cloth throw pillow was an instant, happy, "have to have". Plus, the history of indigo makes it a great conversation piece.
4. Napkins. Humans are messy. Don't be a freak about it, just be prepared. These fresh screen printed octopus napkins are an easy upgrade from everyday paper. Keep them on hand in the same drawer as your paper napkins and you won't even have to think twice when pulling them out. Secret: This flour sack cloth is quick in case of a spill. (Shop Fab Home here)
5. Last by not least: Snacks. My happy-belly favorites to keep on hand are popcorn (I like the already-popped in a bag kind) and cashews. I try to make sure I have a fresh bag of each to pull out anytime. (They're also great when you come home too late and too drunk on Saturday and have no food in the fridge. Protein and carbs. But, you didn't hear this from me.)
NOT PICTURED: This unique dish to hold something sweet, a.k.a. Chocolate. This is real life, so I'm telling you that we had a minor shipping miscue, the dish isn't pictured -but despite the absence of chocolate here, your friends want chocolate. In a cute dish. Because it tastes best that way.
Most importantly, keep it casual and cool. Throw on an easy dress, don't worry about your hair, and forget the shoes. These are your friends, and they don't care how high your heels are in your own home.
Want to upgrade your everyday? Fab.com is an online shopping destination where people, tastemakers and brands come together to explore, buy and learn. Join in, you'll love it! One lucky reader can win a $1,000 shopping spree to Fab.com. To enter, fill out the entry form here! Contest ends March 15, 2016. Fab.com will reach out to the winner directly to issue a $1,000 site credit. Good Luck!
This post is sponsored by Fab, but the content and opinions expressed here are, as always, my own.